Talk about the decision to have The Governor die now as opposed to the end of last season.
Robert Kirkman: We had shown that no matter what happened in his life, no matter what decisions that he made, no matter how much he tried to be that good person, he was always going to be somebody who was troubled and who was going to be going after the prison. Having him come around a second time and having this confrontation come to a head, we knew that this was the logical conclusion to his story.
Does Michonne feel a sense of closure having killed The Governor, or will she find that it didn't completely satiate her?
Kirkman: That's definitely something we're going to be dealing with in the back half, but I'm pretty sure she'll find out that you don't quite get as much closure from those things as you think you will. She's still going to have quite a bit of that tormenting her.
What was behind the decision to have The Governor not ultimately claim Rick's arm as he does in the comics?
Kirkman: There are a lot of logistical problems that come from that. Story wise, it's something that I feel like works in the comic and something that I don't necessarily regret, but it does lead to a lot of problems that I'm able to side step in the comics that would be a little bit more difficult in television just because I'm able to have things move in between panels that Rick wouldn't be able to move with one hand believably. It's just not something that we felt was right for the show. Although, Andrew Lincoln is very adamant that he's always wanted to do it. So, it may happen eventually, you never know.
For more, be sure to click the link above and read the rest of the article.
The 4th season continues on 09 February 2014.

No comments:
Post a Comment