For the full interview, visit Dread Central.
Dread Central: We've seen you play badasses over the years, and very well I might add, but there was something a bit different about what you did with Rain in Retribution- was it kind of liberating to get to take on a bunch of dudes like that and just destroy them?
Michelle Rodriguez: Well, I can't take all the credit- some of that goes to 'Las Plagas' (strain of infection featured in the Resident Evil game series storylines) of course. It is a pretty amazing genetic mutation and I had a lot of fun during those scenes with the guys- yes (laughs).
Dread Central: Because your character is a bit more complicated this time around, was that part of the appeal for you to return to the Resident Evil series?
Michelle Rodriguez: All that and the fact that for part of the movie I was almost like an Olympic athlete on the most extreme steroids you could ever imagine. You don't get offered roles like that a lot, especially as a woman, so I just thought when I first read the script, "How fun! This could be really cool" and saw it as a chance to have more fun than I normally get to have.
And I totally loved that other side of my character too- the Rain that drives a Prius, wears high heels, hates the NRA and doesn't know how to defend herself- was so something not up my normal alley but I still had fun playing, but in a completely different way. And yeah, I don't think I've ever played anyone so innocent before.
I have to say though that everyone only calls me to play these tough chicks so maybe it's time to switch things up. In fact, that's it; I'm doing a rom-com now (laughs). I'm going to show you all a totally different Michelle now after 13 years (laughs).
Dread Central: Do you feel like a lot of that is because you have a stronger personality; one that seems like you can take a lot of crap but give it out as well?
Michelle Rodriguez: For sure, of course. It's all boiling down in there. In fact, a lot of times I have to keep it tamed down. You wouldn't want to see what would happen if I didn't (laughs).

No comments:
Post a Comment